Terms & Conditions
1. All bookings are subject to these conditions. Bookings are complete and binding when the confirmation by Crawford’s is posted or handed to the customer at which time any deposit becomes non- returnable.
2. In these conditions Crawford’s shall mean “Henry Crawford Coaches Ltd”
3. Crawford’s (or its agents or servants) shall not be liable for any loss suffered by any customer or passenger caused by accident or delay.
4. Crawford’s do not give, nor is anyone authorized to give on its behalf, any express or implied warranty or representation in regard to any bookings.
5. Crawford’s shall be permitted.
(a) To cancel, suspend, alter or withdraw any travel, transport, accommodation or other service booked. In the case of such a cancellation, suspension, but in no other case, a full refund will be made of all monies paid for the facility cancelled, suspended or withdrawn.
(b) Refuse to carry or accommodate or ask to withdraw or otherwise provide for any person without giving any reason for such refusal.
6. Charges in all transactions will be based on prices prevailing when the facility is used and are subject to alteration without notice should rates of exchange or fares alter.
7. All Hiring arrangements are made subject to the Conditions of Crawford’s Road Traffic License, one of the requirements of which is that the journey must be made without previous advertisement to the public of the arrangements therefore.
8. If it is necessary for Crawford’s to apply to the Traffic Commissioners for permission to carry out a certain journey any quotation is conditional on such authority being granted.
9. Any damage caused to the vehicle or fittings thereof by any member of the party, whether deliberately or by negligence, shall be the Hirer’s responsibility who shall repay to Crawford’s the cost of the repairs for such damage and any losses, which are the natural and direct consequences of the act, which caused the damage.
10. The route over which the journey is to be taken will be arranged by Crawford’s and in accordance therewith a quotation is based. Should the Hirer make any subsequent arrangements with Crawford’s for a deviation of route whereby mileage or time of the new route exceeds that of the original route or there is an increase in the number of passengers.
Crawford’s shall be paid for the extra cost.
11. All arrangements for hires are subject to the availability of a vehicle or vehicles of the requisite capacity at the date required and Crawford’s reserve the right to cancel any booking should such a vehicle or vehicles be unavailable.
12. Unless otherwise mutually agreed a deposit of 20% of the hire charge must be paid with booking.
13. If a booking is canceled more than one week before a journey taking place, an administration fee will be charged, within seven days of and more than forty-eight hours before departure, there will be 20% cancellation fee but if less than forty-eight hours is given 50% will be charged. If no notice is given there will be an extra charge. The cancellation fee for coach hire will not exceed 25 pounds sterling per day. Should the cancelled booking involve additional services, for example, meals, accommodation, ferry charges, etc., and the proprietors of these services make a charge of cancellation fees, these will be passed on to the hirer in addition to the cancellation fee already charged.
14. The proprietors reserve the right to subcontract a vehicle from another operator when necessary. The company’s vehicles may not be sub-let, lent or licensed by a hirer without the written consent of the company, and the company reserves the right to supply larger vehicle than ordered, There will be no additional charge unless the extra seating capacity is utilised.
15. A driver is responsible for his vehicle throughout the period of hire and his decision is final. He has authority to refuse admission to any person whom he considers a nuisance or unsuitable and has the right to ask such a person to be removed from the vehicle before continuing the journey.
16. No Animals are permitted on the Company’s vehicles.
17. No Alcoholic drink may be carried in the Company’s vehicles.
(a) No Smoking allowed on coaches.
18. A driver may stop passengers from bringing luggage or goods, which he considers, unfit into the Company’s vehicle.
Heavy articles such as suitcases should be deposited in the rear and side luggage lockers and no article should obstruct the gangway or emergency exits.
19. No unauthorised billposter or placard may be displayed on the Company’s without written consent of the Company.
20. When necessary a different coach may return a party from a destination to the one that took passengers out furthermore, coaches may be used to perform other work during the waiting time at a destination unless the Hirer has expressed his wish in advance for a coach to stay with his party in which case there may be an additional charge.
21. Any costs incurred in respect of road and bridge tolls, ferry and car park charges shall be the responsibility of the Hirer.
22. It is an essential part of the Contract of Hire that payment in full is made before departure unless otherwise agreed.